FUN GEMSTONE FACTS
1) Garnet was named after the seeds of a pomegranate fruit.
2) Amber is the softest gemstone; diamond is the hardest.
3) The largest diamond found in the United States, to date, is called an the Uncle Sam Diamond.
4) It takes anywhere from 1-3 years to grow a cultured pearl.
5) In the Middle Ages, women would wear Opals to protect the color of their blonde hair.
6) Many believe the sun will become one large diamond-star one day!
7) In Ancient Egypt, Lapis Lazuli was crushed into a powder and used as an eyeshadow makeup.
8) Scientists have found many creatures trapped inside Amber including: frogs, lizards, beetles,
moths, spiders and even a Dinosaur Feather.